TRB Specialty Conference Abstract/Presentation Submission, Review, and Event Planner
Note: This password is not your MyTRB password. The Specialty Conference online system has a separate password from MyTRB. To create a new account, please click here.
TRB National Transit Safety and Security Conference
and APTA Mid-Year Safety and Security Seminar
November 17-18, 2020
"A Virtual Event"
CALL FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS
Submission Due Date: July 27, 2020
Due to concerns about the evolving situation related to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), TRB’s National Transit Safety and Security Conference and APTA’s Mid-Year Safety and Security Seminar, which originally was scheduled to be in Washington, DC, will now be an all-virtual event.
While public transportation is one of the safest modes of transportation, as an industry, we do have areas of risk and areas for improvement. Fortunately, the public transit and passenger rail industries have implemented programs, modified procedures, and demonstrated and implemented technologies that have proven successful in mitigating these areas of risk and providing safety and security improvements. How do these agencies and the supporting research community disseminate these successes?
This is a “must attend” industry event, specifically designed to transfer the knowledge gained locally by agency personnel and practitioners, and nationally and internationally by the research community, to our industry. This conference will provide an opportunity for public transit and passenger rail agencies to present successful outcomes and lessons learned from safety and security policy and procedure modifications and technology pilots and deployments. Recognizing the significant contributions made by our industry research partners, this event will include presentations on actionable one-world safety and security research findings.
TRB and APTA are issuing this call for presentation abstracts for the event. We encourage public transit and passenger rail agencies, academic institutions, consultants, and other members of the public and private sector to respond to this solicitation with abstracts that address one or more of the following areas:
- Emergency Management and Response
- Civil Unrest or other Security Response
- Continuity of Operations Planning
- Emergency Operations Center Coordination and Communication
- Natural Disaster Response
- Training for Employees and other First Responders
- Passenger and Public Safety
- Crashworthiness of Fixed Route and Paratransit Buses
- Highway/Rail Crossing Collisions
- Reducing Passenger Injuries
- Reducing Mobility Device and Lift Injuries
- Technologies to Reduce Collision Events
- Transit Employee Safety
- Bus/Rail Employee Assaults
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Maintenance Employees and Service of Advance Systems, Including Electric Buses
- Right of Way Worker Protection Systems and Practices
- Transit Security Challenges
- Cyber Threats to Connected System Technologies
- Human Trafficking Awareness
- Persons Who Are Homeless
Authors interested in submitting papers are advised to check TRB’s Paper Author Resource Page.
If your abstract is selected for presentation, you will be asked to present at the 2020 TRB National Transit Safety and Security Conference and APTA Mid-Year Safety and Security Seminar.
TRB Task Force on Transit Safety and Security (AP018T)
With Support From
APTA Safety Coordinating Council and Safety Committees
Questions? Please contact: Steve Andrle, TRB Staff
All conference participants will be required to register. Registration information and fees are available at the meeting website.