Transportation Research Record (TRR) is publishing a special, open-access issue featuring research relating to COVID-19 and transportation. In addition to papers submitted for TRBAM 2021 and recommended by TRB committees, the journal is accepting additional submissions.
We invite papers that address all aspects of pandemic-related effects on transportation, including:
- The COVID-19 pandemic and the use of various travel modes
- The COVID-19 pandemic, telecommuting, and activity organization
- E-commerce and its impacts on shopping trips
- Travel to access health facilities
- Land use, long-term choices (e.g. residential location) and the disruption of the pandemic
- Temporary vs. long-term impacts of the pandemic
- How transportation has affected the spread of COVID-19
We are particularly interested in submissions that make use of behavioral data analysis and/or modeling approaches to investigate the impacts of the pandemic in these areas. We will continue to accept submissions for this special issue until June 30, 2021.
About TRR – The Transportation Research Record (TRR) is the flagship journal of the Transportation Research Board and is one of the most cited transportation journals in the world, offering unparalleled depth and breadth in its coverage. TRR is the #1 transportation journal cited in patent applications and policy documents and is committed to fast, fair, and transparent review.