Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
300 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202
Transportation Research Board
Standing Committee on Equity in Transportation (AME10)
Convened by TRB, the 2nd Conference on Advancing Transportation Equity will be held July 15-18, 2024 at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD. The CATE 2024 theme, Reaching Across the Divide: Research, Community Implementation, and Shared Experiences suggests that transportation equity and mobility justice goals will only advance by connecting transportation work to community needs.
The conference will bridge the gap between the transportation equity analyses that agencies conduct and conditions on the ground. Presenters will emphasize concrete outcomes and examples of advancing transportation equity. They will highlight practical solutions and programs.
Participate in the advancement of equity and environmental justice in transportation practices and research attending, supporting and/or presenting at CATE 2024.
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental concept of equity and its interplay with the state of transportation decision making, practices, policies, guidance, and regulations
- Exchange ideas with peers about frameworks and mechanisms
- Identify successful methods, strategies, and tools for measuring progress toward equity, particularly for transportation agency performance within their investment and implementation strategies
- Learn effective outreach and engagement strategies to coordinate with stakeholder populations and partners during implementation of equity-focused projects and services
- Frame future equity research to address ongoing questions and pervasive gaps in knowledge and practice
Co-sponsoring Standing Committees
City Transportation Issues Coordinating Council (A0030C)
Standing Committee on Transportation Planning Analysis and Application (AEP15)
Standing Committee on Transportation Network Modeling (AEP40)
Standing Committee on Strategic Management (AJE10)
Standing Committee on Public Engagement and Communications (AJE40)
Standing Committee on General Law (AJL10)
Standing Committee on Native American Transportation Issues (AME30)
Standing Committee on Accessible Transportation and Mobility (AME50)
Standing Committee on Transportation and Public Health (AME70)
Standing Committee on Community Resources and Impacts (AME80)
Standing Committee on Transit and Intermodal Transportation Law (AJL20)
Standing Committee on Contract Law (AJL30)
Standing Committee on Emerging Technology Law (AJL40)
Standing Committee on Environmental Issues in Transportation Law (AJL50)
Standing Committee on Eminent Domain and Land Use (AJL60)
Standing Committee on Tort Liability and Risk Management (AJL70)
Standing Committee on Women and Gender in Transportation (AME20)
Standing Committee on Public Transportation Planning and Development (AP025)
Standing Committee on Freight Transportation Planning and Logistics (AT015)
Standing Committee on Trucking Industry Research (AT060)
A Special Thanks to our Platinum Sponsor!
Become a patron for this conference.