2020 Commodity Flow Survey Virtual Workshop
September 24, 2020
Transportation Research Board
The Commodity Flow Survey 2020 workshop will facilitate discussion among federal, state, and local level planners, in addition to transportation researchers, academics, and practitioners that use federal freight transportation data. The workshop is an opportunity for data producers and data users to work together to find more efficient ways to align the CFS with the FAF to answer more freight data questions, share information and knowledge, and come up with emerging issues that are important for understanding freight movements.
Primary issues of interest:
- Benefits and trade-offs of freight flow attributes
- Modifying data collection and products
- Use of administrative records and other non-survey data sources
- Blending datasets
- Full Workshop Recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu1teevb9s7sets/complete.mp4?dl=0
- Breakout 1 - Commodities Revisited: https://www.dropbox.com/s/27j9bb7zsbimb64/GMT20200924-163450_Breakout-1_1920x1080%20%281%29.mp4?dl=0
- Breakout 2 - Geography Matters: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zepbetf6g7c545t/GMT20200924-161418_Breakout-2_1920x1080.mp4?dl=0
- Breakout 3 - Emerging Modes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rudthi39exxp5i4/GMT20200924-164355_Breakout-3_1856x864.mp4?dl=0.