double-click to edit, do not edit in source
Instructions For Authors
Paper Review Schedule
May: Call for Papers opens (not required for paper submission)
June 1: Submission site opens
August 1: Submission site closes
August 15–September 15: Paper review
October 15–30: Paper decisions sent
*Please note that you do not need to begin a submission to gain access to the TRR.
Please click here for futher instructions.*
- File Format: PDF
- All papers must be submitted in English
- Include a title page with title, authors, affiliations, and word count
- Include all coauthor names, affiliations, and email addresses
- ORCiD numbers are optional, but encouraged
- Tables and figures should be embedded in the text, near the text that discusses the item
- 8.5x11 page with normal margins
- The title should have the first letter of each word capitalized, except for conjunctions, prepositions, and articles
- Font: Times Roman font, 10 pt size or larger
- Single spaced
- Single column
- Line numbers are required (restart numbering on each page)
- Page numbers are required
- Manuscript Length: The length of each paper, including the abstract, text, acknowledgments, references, and tables, must not exceed 7,500 words. Each table counts as 250 words. Papers not meeting this requirement may be withdrawn from the peer review process at any time. Abstract (250 words max).
- References should be numbered and called out in numerical order in the text
- Supplemental Material/Appendices are not permitted in TRB Annual Meeting papers.
View Sample Paper
We reserve the right to withdraw papers:
- In excess of 7500 words, excluding figures
- Figures and Tables not embedded in text
- Requiring extensive language editing
- Missing coauthors in the submission system
View additional Criteria for Desk Rejections
Go to the TRBAM Editorial Manager site to start a submission.
About the Review Process:
The TRB Annual Meeting peer review process is used for all presentations submitted to TRB’s Annual Meeting. The process is organized by TRB’s standing technical committees under the supervision of TRB staff. A minimum of two reviews is required for a decision to be made on a submission for presentation.
Papers submitted for Presentation and Publication will first go through the TRB Annual Meeting peer review process described above. The committee entering the decision will come to two conclusions. First, a decision will be made on if your paper will be accepted or rejected for presentation in the annual meeting. They will also make a recommendation on if your paper should be reviewed for publication by the TRR Editorial Board. If so, the TRR Editorial Board will perform additional steps of review and come to an independent publication decision. The publication decision may or may not match the decision you received for presentation due to the different scopes of each reviewing body.