Notice: We have been informed of a display issue occuring in Editorial Manager. You may see papers that you are asked to review appearing twice. You can enter your comments on either version of the paper and it will sucessfully complete your review. This should be fixed on September 1st.
Quick Guide for TRB Committee Reviewers
To submit your reviews and access our new submission system, please click here
- Review submissions within your area of expertise and return your comments by September 15
- Respect the confidentiality of the process
- Be objective, professional, and constructive in your review
- Declare any conflicts of interest (professional, personal or financial) and recuse yourself from the review
- Read the Abstract and accept or reject invitation to review as soon as possible
- Read the paper and form an initial impression before you begin writing
- If the paper is unintelligible, please return it to the committee with a recommendation to desk reject
- If a good paper is compromised by poor writing, tactfully note this in your comments and suggest a grammar review
- Identify specific strengths and weaknesses of the paper in your summary
- Give detailed and constructive comments to the author(s) to help with revisions and provide an assessment of the paper to the Review Coordinator
- If appropriate, suggest additional relevant literature for the author to consider
Things to Consider:
- Does the title and abstract properly reflect the subject of the paper?
- Are the narrative and the key findings of the paper clearly described?
- Will the work be of interest to TRB attendees?
- Is the methodology appropriate to the topic of research?
- Does the paper make a meaningful contribution to the current literature and/or practice?
- Are there major conceptual or factual errors?
- Is any information unclear?
- Is the paper an appropriate length?
What to Expect:
- You will receive an invitation with the paper abstract to review from TRB Committee Review;
- please accept or decline within 5 days
- Your review is due by September 15
- If the paper was submitted for publication, you will be asked to provide a 1-10 recommendation to go to the Editorial Board for further review
- The decision options are Accept or Reject for presentation at TRB
- You can indicate your willingness to evaluate a revision of the paper if the paper goes on to the Editorial Board
- You will be copied on the Committee decision letter, and your comments will be sent to the author and Editorial Board by October 1
To download a one-page printable PDF of this page, click here.