Quick Guide for TRB Committee Reviewers
To submit your reviews and access our new submission system, please click here
- Review submissions within your area of expertise and return your comments by September 15
- Respect the confidentiality of the process
- Be objective, professional, and constructive in your review
- Declare any conflicts of interest (professional, personal or financial) and recuse yourself from the review
- Read the Abstract and accept or reject invitation to review as soon as possible
- Read the paper and form an initial impression before you begin writing
- If the paper is unintelligible, please return it to the committee with a recommendation to desk reject
- If a good paper is compromised by poor writing, tactfully note this in your comments and suggest a grammar review
- Identify specific strengths and weaknesses of the paper in your summary
- Give detailed and constructive comments to the author(s) to help with revisions and provide an assessment of the paper to the Review Coordinator
- If appropriate, suggest additional relevant literature for the author to consider
Things to Consider:
- Does the title and abstract properly reflect the subject of the paper?
- Are the narrative and the key findings of the paper clearly described?
- Will the work be of interest to TRB attendees?
- Is the methodology appropriate to the topic of research?
- Does the paper make a meaningful contribution to the current literature and/or practice?
- Are there major conceptual or factual errors?
- Is any information unclear?
- Is the paper an appropriate length?
What to Expect:
- You will receive an invitation with the paper abstract to review from TRB Committee Review;
- please accept or decline within 5 days
- Your review is due by September 15
- If the paper was submitted for publication, you will be asked to provide a 1-10 recommendation to go to the Editorial Board for further review
- The decision options are Accept or Reject for presentation at TRB
- You can indicate your willingness to evaluate a revision of the paper if the paper goes on to the Editorial Board
- You will be copied on the Committee decision letter, and your comments will be sent to the author and Editorial Board by November 1
To download a one-page printable PDF of this page, click here.